1. I was reading at third grade level by the time I was in kindergarten. It wasn't that I was any smarter than anyone else, I was just a voracious reader.
2. I think I have an extremely mild case of dyslexia. I sometimes forget which way the S is suppose to be written. Most of the time when I read something, my brain mixes up words or leaves them out completely. This makes sentences take on completely different meanings. This is one of the reason why I have to read things for school multiple times.
3. For the last four years I've suffered from intermittent stomach issues. I found out a couple of months ago that I have a hernia that has developed around my C-Section scar. We're not sure how long it's been there, but it is possibly the culprit of my issues.
4. I've never broken a bone in my body. I've sprained my right ankle three times (the second time was bad enough I damaged my tendons and had to have physical therapy). I've also had a bleacher fall on my right foot. It didn't break, not even hairline, but I did have to walk on crutches for about a week.
5. I LOVE to write but am extremely insecure about my writing.
6. I actually prefer writing with other people. I love not being able to tell what all the characters are going to do or how they are going to react.
7. If I gave in to my fears, I would never set foot out of this household.
8. I have to mentally prepare myself before I go to places with crowds. If the crowd is larger than expected, I go into 'panic' mode. My husband has been witness to this - probably more times than he cares to have experienced.
9. I get mean when I'm tired or panicky and I hate it.
10. I started taking Judo in 2005. I stopped while pregnant with my son, then started back up about 6-8 weeks after my C-Section with him.
11. When the women's class at the Judo Club was cancelled, Kurt found out about a dojo that teachers Aikido. I started studying it in May of 2007. I love it.
12. I'm currently a second degree brown belt in Aikido, but I really don't feel like I should have that high of a belt.
13. I was an enormous idiot my first year or so of college. I wish I could go back and throttle myself.
14. I never tried lobster before Kurt took me out to Red Lobster one evening when we were courting. I love it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.
15. I have a pretty strong stomach when it comes to things. I watched excerpts of a brain surgery while eating dinner one evening back in high school. I wanted to be able to watch the doctors perform my C-Sections when I had them, but they don't have mirrors for doing that. I was rather bummed. I did get to see a video of one online though and thought that was pretty cool.
16. I really want to learn how to ballroom dance. Swing, Paso doble, Rumba, Samba...but we haven't the time or the money.
17. Despite the issues that have arisen from having to have C-Sections, I still want at least one more child biologically.
18. I also want to adopt a child - an older child rather than a baby. I have yet to convince Kurt of this. I still have a few more years to work on him though.
19. I refuse to get any of my cats declawed. It's NOT like removing a fingernail. The equivalent of declawing a cat is like cutting off a third of one's fingers. Seriously. Bone is removed.
20. We have a fish tank. I really want a saltwater fish tank, but I know it's a lot of work and we just don't have the time right now.
21. I really really really really really really really want to go back to Japan.
22. I would still love to be a voice in an animated feature - especially a musical!
23. I'm considering making recordings of me reading books and giving them to people with children. I'm just not sure when to find the time to do this.
24. I want to learn how to play the bagpipes. Maybe I'll get a chanter this year. But when will I practise?
25. I turn 31 this month but honestly, I don't feel like I'm mature enough to be that age.